Keep your tennis trading talk in here!

Not sure where to start with tennis trading? Take a look at our beginner's guide: https://betfairtradingcommunity.com/en/blog/tennis-trading-ultimate-trading-start-guide

Software: https://betfairtradingcommunity.com/en/statistics-tennis?advagg=0

last edited by Martin
Pro Trader
đź‘—
Level 190

@andy-donnelly said in 2022 Tennis Trading Thread:

Cheers, I may give it a go with small stakes. Surely Nadal should be no more than 4.0 if he makes the final.

You’d think, be a lot shorter if Norrie beats Djokovic but Novak had his dodgy match today although Sinner along with Alcarez is the future in the ATP

Level 96

Cheers, I may give it a go with small stakes. Surely Nadal should be no more than 4.0 if he makes the final.

Level 19

@andy-donnelly think it’s due to Him playing Fritz tomorrow who I can see giving him a tough game.

He would destroy either Kyrios or Garin if in the other qf. He wouldn’t put up with Kyrios’ antics who buy the way should have been thrown out of the tournament on at least two occasions already and Garin is an out and out clay court player who has performed way above his normal level.

To answer your question, you could be right but my tennis has been a disaster this year so what do I know

Level 96

Just looking at the mens outright betting. Anyone think Nadal’s odds at 7.2 are a bit too high? Accept Djokovic as favourite but should there be this much disparity? What odds would you expect Nadal to be at if both make the final? Wondering whether there is value backing now and cashing out should he make the final

Level 19

@james-menhenitt said in 2022 Tennis Trading Thread:

@chris-osborne Great - I was just going by what Betfair said was happening tomorrow, presuming that the software draws its data from the BF API.

I've noticed that a few times this week, Betfair ridiculously late in filtering games based on Order of Play even if been published for a while

Level 96

@chris-osborne Great - I was just going by what Betfair said was happening tomorrow, presuming that the software draws its data from the BF API.

Level 10

@james-menhenitt The software wont have been updated to take into account today's results, Also Niemeier and Maria will be playing on Tuesday not tomorrow.

The rest of the 4th round n both draws will be played tomorrow Ladies QF's on Tuesday, Men's Wednesday

Level 96
This post is deleted!
Level 96

Hi all... just wondered if there was an issue with the tennis software? I've just tried running a very basic filter to return matches tomorrow with BF odds between 1.2 and 8, ATP and WTA.

It's missing quite a few results such as Tatjana Maria (2.62) v Jule Niemeier (1.56)... can't see what I've done wrong!!!

Cheers

Level 10

@ryan said in 2022 Tennis Trading Thread:

@chris-osborne what times do you work?

Yes slams are usually so overrated but this one is mental!

Sods law because I've not done much

Usually work from 9am until 6ish by the time I've had something to eat and chilled out for a bit games are over.

Its fine US swing starts soon there perfect for me

Level 96

@chris-osborne what times do you work?

Yes slams are usually so overrated but this one is mental!

Pro Trader
Level 182

@ryan I’ve not really got involved yet but I do t like the slams either.

Trading European tournaments is difficult for me from a work point of view

Level 96

@chris-osborne Really weird this slam its playing like a challenger event to be honest, really strange!

Not that I am complaining, slams always been harder to trader in my view.

Pro Trader
Level 182

@ryan good to know on lay first set, I’ve not been able to trade as yet hopefully over the weekend can get involved

Level 96

@chris-osborne Why he is still allowed to keep doing this? Disgusting human, so arrogant.

Ive been lay the first set winner a fair bit on this comp, seems some of the player actually cannot be bothered first set then realise 'Hey, this is Wimbledon!'

Pro Trader
Level 182

Strange market in zheng v kostyuk match

Kostyuk started out at 1.8 favourite, is a break up yet price pushed out to near 3.

It’s coming in now but highly suspicious guess the Chinese high stakes gamblers have got involved

Staying well clear

Level 96

Not got involved in Wimbledon as yet for a number of reasons: -

Busy at work due to month end
1st rounds at grand slams have been a mess of late which has continued this week
I question motivation of everyone other than British players due to lack of ranking points for me this is very much the case until,proven otherwise

May not get involved at all

Also why has Kyrios not been thrown out for his antics yesterday zero excuse for spitting at someone or insulting officials.

Level 96

@martin Possibly

I'm tempted to lay Swiatek - her unbeaten run has to end sooner or later and she hasn't played any of the warm up tournaments on Grass.

Level 96

@chris-osborne Berrettini is tempting but not a massive price

Pro Trader
Level 190
    Views