Football Trading - Profitable Members Filters Testing - Community Collaboration

I want to create a thread for the shared trading filters and see if we can get them retested to see if they still work. Especially as they are sent out in the daily email.

If you have tracked any of the results please comment or let me know 🙂

They are currently listed here: https://betfairtradingcommunity.com/en/trading-strategies

New testing sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1baRoxh9Jup5FkTKptcwgueSHxymonRerebbq24s1FD8/edit?usp=sharing

Old testing sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cpqyy6ijhtHNRs_7sSVBMVIrWEhmAuLFXVLnN51DUFs/edit?usp=sharing

last edited by Martin
Pro Trader
Level 193

@mick-mcmahon no these things are so hit and miss in terms of software development time as we found out with the horse racing

Pro Trader
Level 193

@martin said in Football Trading - Profitable Members Filters Testing - Community Collaboration:

@maciej-kaczmarek I trade manually but need to learn more about automation!

I'm waiting for back testing software to get the odds put in, I can't track every game for all of these systems unfortunately as I need the in play odds throughout the game.

Hi @Martin Is there an ETA on the footy back testing?

Level 15

@maciej-kaczmarek I trade manually but need to learn more about automation!

I'm waiting for back testing software to get the odds put in, I can't track every game for all of these systems unfortunately as I need the in play odds throughout the game.

last edited by Martin
Pro Trader
Level 193

Hi Martin,

do you trade those manually or use a software to automate the trading?
Also most tabs include a strike rate, but not a target strike rate or a loss/profit column. Why is that?

last edited by Maciej Kaczmarek
Level 3

i will update the sheet after the weekend and i will attach the pivot results in way i use it for every strategy on the sheet and if people want to use it as an example it might prove useful

Level 41

@chris-osborne maybe having very basic knowledge is helping me then 🤣 i have to admit ive had no problem but i am trying to keep it as simple as i can

Level 41

To say Pivot tables are not my favourite tool to use in Excel would be an understatement they are too restrictive and not Dynamic at all but they do have a purpose

Level 100

@liam-willis Cheers 👍 I think I will try and spend some time looking at that then. More spreadsheet knowledge can only be a good thing 🙂

Level 106

@matt-wood i am no expert i just went on youtube and learnt there, they are really easy actually and bloody addictive lol. i promise you when you have used it you will use it all the time if you struggle give me a shout and ill see if i can help. i have found that excels is better although ive not looked at googles version much

Level 41

@liam-willis I've briefly looked at pivot tables, I think i need to take some time and learn how to use them. I have a couple of filters now with a lot of data so will be curious to see what happens to those.

Level 106

@matt-wood no worries mate its something i do on all my filters now because there is gold in every filter but people miss it because they narrow the strategies down. that one there is garys filter and i knew it was quality but when you get enough data it shows up other strats. Also something i do now is add a pivot table this has been a gamechanger for me. for example i have a 1.5 filter with around 2000 games since last june, its nothing special but it had a shg of 83% after a 1000 games i put it through a pivot table and took out the leagues under 80% ( i still track these though) i now have a filter that gives a shg of 87%. i just run it through the pivot every month to keep it updated. i also have an 87% strike rate for over 1.5. all this from a pretty standard underwelming filter

Level 41

@liam-willis Thats a nice spreadsheet Liam, I am going to steal some of that layout for bits on mine 😉 Thanks for the data too, looks like a strong filter from a look through your stats there, I think I may have to have a closer look at it myself. Beats my SHG filter and I thought that was decent at 84%

Level 106

@liam-willis that would be great thanks!

Pro Trader
Level 193

@Martin hi mate just watched your latest video and i have data for garys filter currently at 848 games with a number of strats and strike rates on it if this will help ill sort it for you on google sheets and share

Level 41

@gary-finnigan-0 that's a set and forget one, the other Martin came up with it

Pro Trader
Level 193

@Martin Which filter is the MO1.5 strategy?

Level 10
    Views